Stay up to date on all the latest improvements to all our DendroMetric products and services by checking back here often!
If you are a current license holder and wish to receive the latest version of MBGTools, click here:
Revision - 20180316 - March 16, 2018
- Added new functionality to run a set of checks on raw cruise data, as populated in the CruiseRecs, that would be run before the data is compiled. Results are included in the Compile-Ready Report. More details here.
- Updated the Import from Excel tool to include all columns in the ADMIN table and to include FieldCode to be populated in the CruiseLogs table.
Revision 20171228 - December 28, 2017
- Added use of the Demaerschalk taper equations and a related metric volume report.
- Added the ability to export the FVS .out file for each stand grown with FVS.
- Modified the creation of CURRDATA tables when growing more than 1 year.
- Added a variance estimator for strata statistics on stands not cruised.
- Added an option to skip the merchandize routine while growing stands.
- Cleaned up code within the compile and merchandize routine when including defect by thirds on CruiseRecs table.
- Cleaned up code associated with the lkpProduct table in the Eastern Merchandizer.
- Fixed bug within the Import From Excel tool so that MBGTools doesn't crash when more than one sample type was used across stands.
Revision 20160302 - March 2, 2016
- Added functionality to compile tree count and measure plot raw cruise data. More details here.
Revision 28 - August 8, 2014
- Created ability to import raw cruise data from Microsoft Excel.
- Added ability for cruise data defect to be compiled and merchandized when collected by thirds of a tree.
- Added columns in STAND, PlotData, and DBHClass tables for Tons.
- Added calculation of the standard error of gross board feet to the CruiseStats table.
- Added functionality to Eastern Merchandizer so that it utilized the lkpSppSubst table.
- Fixed bug associated with the Defect Dubbing routine.
- Fixed bug associated with the Southern US merchandizer, SE282.
Revision 27 - August 9, 2013
- Created flexibility on how to calculate age in the Stand Summary Report
- Added ability to track cruiser initials at the Plot level instead of Stand level on Import From DataPlus routine.
- Created new Log Stock Report to allow different DIB Classes for each Species Group. More details here.
- Created ability to grow to multiple years at one time, using FVS. More details here.
- Updated the Stand Summary Report so that the user can include confidence intervals from the cruise data. More details here.
- Added functionality to the Eastern Merchandizer to enable the use of Weiskittel taper functions. More details here.
- The total QMD for all stands, on Group Summary Reports, was fixed on reports that included DBH Classes.
- A bug was fixed so that the Import From MBGTools Databases imported cruiser initials correctly.
- The order in which trees were passed to FVS was stabilized to ensure growth is the same every time a user grew a stand.
Revision 26 - November 10, 2011
- Eastern Merchandizer - fixed bug associated with MBGTools obtaining the minimum DBH from the Settings table and not the lkpProduct table.
Revision 25 - June 13, 2011
- Fixed bug associated with reading crown ratio from INVYDATA.
Revision 24 - May 5, 2011
- Eastern Merchandizer - created ability to disable the "log length exceeding the height of tree" so that user can override the error message and accept the data as is.
Revision 23 - April 20, 2011
- Eastern Merchandizer - created an error message prompt for the user to see when the sum of lengths in CruiseLogs exceeds the total height of a tree.
Revision 22 - April 7, 2011
- Fixed bug associated with line transect cruise plot. Fix allows more than one stand to be compiled at a time when using line transect plots.
Revision 21 - April 5, 2011
- Eastern Merchandizer - Added a field in lkpProduct table that allows user to tell the merchandizer to merchandize products that are not included in CruiseLogs table.
Revision 20 - February 15, 2011
- Eastern Merchandizer - fixed bug that was omitting trees from being merchandized.
Revision 19 - February 9, 2011
- Special Client - fixed bug associated with selecting stands by Section.
- Developed protocol that employed Uselist when inserting no tally plots to PlotData table.
Revision 16 - January 21, 2011
- Eastern Merchandizer - fixed a bug that was causing the any top logs, above height in CruiseLogs, to not get merchandized.
Revision 13 - January 10, 2011
- Eastern Merchandizer - fixed a bug that was adding duplicate records to LogList table.
Revision 12 - December 6, 2010
- Modified merchandizer to use the crown ratio from INVYDATA instead of CURRDATA.
Revision 11 - November 17, 2010
- Update to the CruiseStats table to include number of no tally plots.
Revision 9 - November 5, 2010
- Updated PlotData table to include number of no tally plots.